Sunday 15 December 2013

One Child

Will and Maddy have been at the farm the last few days, having a blast with Grandma and Grandpa. This means Abigail has been an only child let me recap how uneventful life is with only one child, who is not really mobile!

Leaving the house to run errands/shop:
- efficient and boring. Place baby in bucket, buckle up, cover with blanket leave. No one walking across your flor with dirty boots because thcan't get jacket zipped up, can't find a mitten, toque etc. does not require 5 minute pee parade before you leave, are not saying repeatedly put on your boots, why aren't your boots on? Where are your mits etc. etc. no one exists the house 2 minutes before everyone else and falls Ito the snow bank then insists they are freezing and needs hot chocolate... 

Meal times:
- boring. No spills, meals can be eaten whenever as there are not starving children at 12 and 530.

Nap time: 
- whenever baby is ready for nap you put down for nap. No baby you have to wait until I feed other kid lunch or

Getting things done:
- can leave things out and they do my disappear, become weapons or lost.

Play time:
No one fighting over toys, arguing over what game to play, leave baby in middle of floor and she remains close to the same area.

Bedtime:
- one kid, two adults, kid confined to crib no potty trips, need a drink of water etc.

I would be lying if I said I did not love the time to spend with just Chris and Abigail, however I am also very excited for my big kids to come home- grandparent hangover and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment