Tuesday 7 August 2012

Vacation

We had a great summer vacation out at Grandpa Peter and Grandma Marie's house.

The kids were in swimming lessons over at Luseland and had an absolute blast.  They do one week lessons there, which was perfect.  Cousins Emma, Josh, Grace and Cameron were also in swimming lessons at the same time so it was fun for the cousins to be together for the week.  The first 3 days were beautiful swimming weather, Thursday and Friday were a bit cool and rainy but did not seem to phase the kids, except of Madelyn on the last day.  All the kids did great in their lessons and all move onto the next level!

Will loved jumping off the diving board! I have to say I was a bit surprised when they took them off the diving board, but at public swimming we could not keep him off of it.  They also had a little slide which was a huge hit as well.

Loving the slide

Jumping off the diving board!

Madelyn jumping in, she so wanted to go off the diving board, but I told her if she could not walk with a life jacket on without falling down she was too small for a diving board. Next year....

Will on the slide
Just being cute after swimming lessons

kicking while on noodle

Yes that is our son with his head under water.

Report Card!


I could probably go on for hours about the week. However, I will just highlight a couple of fun times:
1) tie-dying shirts
2) driving Grandpa's battery operated John Deer Tractor
3) quadding
4) golf cart riding
5) jumping on the trampoline
6) being outside enjoying the nice weather
7) being with family and watching the cousins play together
8) freezies in the shop
9) jelly straws

One of my favorite Will moments was when he was driving the tractor around the yard, Madelyn wanted to drive it but is still a bit small so we put her in the wagon and told Will only #1 with Madelyn in the wagon.  This was fine for a minute or two but was kind of slow, so he stops and tells me "Its okay Mommy, I can drive in number two with Madelyn, because I am a paramedic."  Of course I responded "No, only #1".  He said but I am a paramedic and could drive super fast to the hospital if she got hurt." Good try buddy #1.  A few minutes later he stops at the shop and jumps off (Madelyn still in the wagon behind).  "Will what are you doing?" "Just a minute I have to do something."  He proceeds to attempt to unhook the wagon and ditch his little sister. 
Loving the shirts!


Rides on the tractor.

We ended the week celebrating my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary in Wilkie.  Was great to see so many cousins, aunts and uncles.  My grandparents have 6 children, 29 grandchildren, 28 great-grandchildren (with 4 more on the way) and most made it to the celebration.  It really was like a mini family reunion.  I have to say that the organizers did a great job!  Will had to take after big cousin Grace at the party.  Grace got up and sang "Amazing Grace" for Great Grandma and Great Grandpa.  I have to say probably one of the cutest things ever, she is a good little singer.  Will, not to be out done, follow right behind singing "Twinkle, twinkle little star".  It was also very cute and I was surprised he did not chicken out. I only wish we would have had the camera along to get a few pictures. 

Overall it was a great week.  The kids had fun and so did the adults.  I hope we can continue making swimming lessons at Grandma and Grandpa's an annual event.

No comments:

Post a Comment