Sunday 2 June 2013

Operation Room Share Update

So far the kids have been doing great sharing a room! Bedtime has been uneventful, actually easier as we don't have to run from room to room and they are sleeping good.  

Madelyn loves sharing a room with her brother! She has said several times "I love sleeping with Will".  Although Will does not want to admit it, I think he secretly likes sharing a room too, here is my evidence:
   Last night right about when we went to bed, we heard some noise then Will opens the door. He said to Chris "I woke up for a drink (they have water cups in room at night) and I think Madelyn might like a drink too, what should I do?"  Chris assured him that if Madelyn needed a drink she would wake up and could get one then. He crawled into be and we did not hear from them until 6:30 this am. 

We consider 6:30 morning around here, Will almost always up then, Madelyn generally sleeps in a bit longer 7 or 7:30 if she can, but seems to be doing fine with a bit earlier wake up time, she is just enjoying longer naps, like 3 hours and then we have been waking her! 

Overall we are pleased with the room sharing! Hopefully it continues to be a non event! I remember sharing a room as a child and actually not wanting to sleep alone, even when I had my own room for quite sometime. 

Of course the most precious thing is peeking in on them before we head to bed and see them peacefully sleeping together! After all they cannot fight while sleeping!


No comments:

Post a Comment