Thursday 15 November 2012

Cow Meat

Conversation driving home from daycare....

Will asks "What are we having for supper?"
My response, "hamburger helper".
Will "Oh, like cow meat?"
Me "Yes"
Will "Which Grandpa shot this cow?"
Me "Grandpa Peter"
Will "That's good I like meat that Grandpa shoots."
Me "Yes, it is yummy."
Will "Yup, Mommy remember you were in Australia when Grandpa shot the cow and took the fur off. Good thing he took the fur off cuz that would not taste good."
Me "I agree Will"
Will "Mommy if we ate the cows fur it would be like cows eating that pokey grass, it would get stuck in our throats and we would cough."
Me "Maybe Will, the cows fur is called the hide"
Will "Yes, Mom I know, then if the hide got stuck in our throats we would have to go to the doctor to get it taken out"
Me "I supposed so..."
Will "Yup, sure was nice of Grandpa to shot us a cow and make it into meat.
Me "Yes it was Will"

I am sure most people have these conversations with a not quite 4 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment