Thursday 15 November 2012

Lost a year off my life...

We were out at the farm over the long weekend, actually the kids and I arrived Thursday and Chris met us there Friday.  So anyways, the kids and I are sleeping over at my brother's house who was gone for the weekend.  Friday morning about 5:45 Will comes to get me and says "Mommy I can hear my sister, she needs you".  I sent the dear boy back to bed and go to check on Madelyn, who is sleeping on the floor in a bedroom.  I go in and can hear her calling me but I cannot find her.  Finally I realised she is under the bed, yelling "Mommy, Madelyn Stuck!" I get down and try to pull her out but she is too far back and I cannot reach her.  I am calling her and telling her to come wiggle out to Mommy.  I start to panic, what if she is really stuck under the bed, how will I get her out?  I had narrowed it down to one of two scenarios:
1. Get Will up and have him try to crawl under and pull her out, or out enough so I can get her.
2. Call over and get Dad to come help lift the bed off the frame so I can get her out.

Just as I was about to go get Will, she wiggled out just enough so I could get her arm and pull her out!  I snuggled her for a bit and then said still Night Night.  She said "No, Madelyn get stuck!" So I did what any good Mom would do, I brought her into bed with me where she zonked back out until after 8!

And that ladies and gentlemen is how I lost a year off my life this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment