Monday 22 April 2013

Science Centre

We attended the Home Show here in Regina about a month ago.  One of the booths had t-shirts for kids to decorate and then take home.  Will was excited to colour his shirt and wore it around the rest of the day, not bad advertising for the company, and of course anything Will does Madelyn needs to do.  While the kids were colouring their shirt the lady said there is also a draw for a Science Centre Family Membership.  Since we were waiting for the kids to finish up decorating their shirts we put our names in.  Much to my surprise we received a phone call that I had won the year-membership.  I guess I cannot say I never win anymore.

So Sunday we decided to take advantage of our new membership and took in the Science Centre for an hour or so.  The nice thing about a membership is you can go for just an hour or two and not feel like you have 'wasted' your money.  I was pleasantly surprised that it was not too busy, maybe that had to do with timing as we arrived about 4pm and left around 5:30.  Both kids loved the bubbles (of course) and the combine and agriculture area.  They also had fun in the hockey area, seeing how fast they could run and Will enjoyed trying to score goals.  They were amazed by the people climbing the rock wall, I think Madelyn would have stood watching them climb all day. There are definitely things for the younger kids to do at the Science Centre and with the membership I can see us going several more times this year (especially while I am on mat leave and it is cold or rainy out).  Even though Will and Maddy are a bit small to get a lot of the science at the Science Centre they had fun exploring the exhibit and trying things out. 

Next time I will try to remember the camera and take some pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment