Saturday 27 April 2013

Technology

It always amazes me how receptive kids are to technology.  They really cannot fathom a world without all the of the everyday conveniences we have. I am sure that when I was four I was talking about the Apple TV, you tube, ipad, ipods, dvds etc. 

A few technology stories from our house.

A few weeks ago the kids were out visiting my parents, at the supper table Will looks at Grandpa and says:
Grandpa did you know when my Mom and Uncle Bob were little, like before my Mom was Kelly Bettschen, they did not have ipads or ipods? - Just imagine when he finds out that at one time tvs and flush toilets did not exist!

He also informed our daycare provider one day that he liked the flat tvs not those big bubble ones.

The other night he wanted to watch a specific show and said, sure you can find it just turn on the Apple TV, go to the picture that looks like a dvd and pick the kids shows.  (side note: he knows not to turn the tv on without asking for permission)

Another case and point on technology, we were planning on going swimming on the weekend, Will wanted to know which pool we were going to.  Then he informed me "Mom just check the ipad".  Yes what did we do before the world of ipads and google.  I cannot wait until we show him an encyclopedia or dictionary one day.... What you actually looked things up in books, you did not just type it into the computer, ipad or other electronic device and get your answer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment