Thursday 19 July 2012

Dr. Seuss Cookies

We are beginning to prepare for swimming lessons the week before August long weekend.  So the kids and I have been making cookies to take along.

I have to make sure we make a bigger batch because every time we make cookies Will insists on taking some to share with his friends at daycare.  So cute how he want to share with all his friends and he is very proud of his cookies. 

I have to say that the Dr. Seuss cookies are a huge hit. They were easy to make and fun, and very hands on for the kids.  Most of all they are yummy! I mean how can you go wrong with sugar cookies.

The other thing I like about these cookies is they are probably the cleanest cookies for kids to eat.  No chocolate chips to melt all over the place and no icing to smear.  I mean I could potentially give these to the kids to eat in the car and not cringe at what it would look like after.

If anyone has some cool cookie ideas I would love to hear about them.

Just a basic sugar cookie recipe, we divided into 4 parts and added food colouring Will picked pink, green, blue and purple.
Make a small ball of each colour then you will roll these together to make one large ball.

Roll into a snake, then twist to make circles.

Voila, Dr. Seuss cookies. Why Dr. Seuss, because the colours are fun and exciting like Dr. Seuss books!

Finished product cooked.  Each cookie looks a bit different but that is part of the fun.  They are delicious.

Madelyn enjoying her cookie

Showing me her cookie

Will eating his cookie, yes he is soaking wet from swimming in the pool.
After Dr. Seuss cookies you can be assured that the bedtime story tonight was by Dr. Seuss "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish".

Happy one day until the weekend every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment