Tuesday 11 September 2012

20 months and caterpillars

Madelyn is 20 months today, and I think we can say she is potty trained! Wow what a shock.  Yes she has the occasional accident but we travelled to the farm in big girl panties with no accidents.  I never in a million years thought I would have baby potty trained before two or more realistically two and a half.  So how did we potty train her you may ask? She initiated and started tell us when she had to go. Then about a month a go I had a Friday off so I put her in big girl panties for the weekend and here we are.  I have to say consistency and going straight to big girl panties has been successful.  Yes she still does where pull-up or diaper at nap and bedtime but I think she is doing great for her age!

What does potty trained mean:
  • More frequent trips to the potty
  • No more diapers in my purse
  • Reunited myself with the location of every store restroom
  • An additional 5 minutes before going anywhere
  • No more diapers to change
  • Half a closet full of diapers of wipes that I had stock piled
  • No more gross disgusting washroom change tables
Due to the crazy wind tonight we decided to make caterpillars, fuzzy wuzzy caterpillars to be exact.  I have to say Madelyn has as much or more attention for crafts then Will does and she is two years younger.  Perhaps this is another one of those boys vs girls things.

Painting

Going in for more paint

Cutie

Cheese

Not looking overly impressed. He did not want his picture taken.

Best part, rinsing the brush off in the water.

Finished product

Together, now straight to the tub before you painty hands touch my walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment