Monday 3 September 2012

September long

It just would not be September long weekend unless we spent at least part of it at one of the farms combining. This year it was the Bettschen farm to combine canola or as Madelyn would say"grandpa's money".

Highlights include:
Will figuring out how the entire combine works.

Will's excitement over his big guy lunch kit just like Grandpa and Daddy. His conclusion on his cheese sandwich. "this is just like grilled cheese only not cooked"

Will's conversations with Chris in the combine. I am pretty sure he could write a novel but here is a personal favorite.
Will asks if the caterpillars that were in the field are getting sucked up into the combine. Of course Chris replies no. Then he asks about the lady bugs. Chris says no all the caterpillars and lady bugs are down by the dirt. Then Will asks if there are any crocodiles and begins watch attentively for crocodiles. Chris says I don't think so buddy. And Will replies I guess we will have to keep watching.

Will spent all day Sunday with the exception of about an hour, out in the field. At one point he came into go to the bathroom and I asked if he was going to help me in the house. He looked at me and said  " no Mommy I have to go back out with grandpa. The combine started making that thumping noise again and I just don't know if it is the same thing as yesterday (had a small break down late Saturday afternoon) or if it is something else." and he disappeared for another couple of hours.

Of course we forgot the camera at home, Chris took a couple pictures with his phone once I figure out how to upload those picture I will try to post some. If all goes as planned we will head to the other side of the province next week and try to help out. If that is possible with two kids in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment