Monday 9 September 2013

No Water

Our water is off this afternoon as they are fixing a waterline. We seen the leak this morning while out for a walk. What a great opportunity to discuss how fortunate we are to have running water. 

I think I totally blew the kids minds when we were discussing what not having running water. Here are some examples:
- Will said you would have to carry water to flush the toilet. So I explain there were no flush toilets, what a concept, only outside toilets. 
- Another tough concept, no washing machine or dryer.
- I blew William's mind with the concept of no dishwasher. That would be a lot of dishes to wash, like 200!
- Finally, the concept of having to carry dirty water back out and it not just going down the drain into the sewer was interesting to the kids. I was impressed that Will said you would not want to put the dirty water back down the well, maybe dump it somewhere else like the trees, or next time you would have dirty water to wash with. Good thinking buddy!

Of course within 15 minutes of the water being off both kids had to poop, so now we have no more flushes left for the afternoon and poop sitting in the toilet (sorry if too much information). On the plus side I can't do any more laundry so once I fold the one load from yesterday and make the two beds that I already washed this morning I am done with laundry for the day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment