Saturday 26 May 2012

A bit of this and that

A few highlights from the week:
  • Mornings are sooooo much easier with two parents.  Chris was gone all week except Friday and I can assure you Friday morning was amazing!  Even though the kids and I have a great morning routine an extra set of hands makes a huge difference.  Our mornings are basically scheduled to the minute I know at what time have to wake up Madelyn to get her dressed, fed and out the door on time (not a problem with Will he is always up). We have to start putting shoes and coats on at 7:20 so I can have both kids in carseat and be backing out of the garage at 7:30 (according to the car clock which is about 3 minutes fast) or we will be late.  Most people would probably say our morning are crazy, I prefer the term "organized chaos".  The good news is we all get where we need to be, and usually close to on time.
  • Popcorn. Why do make popcorn on the night I just washed the floors? I guess they will get washed again tomorrow.
  • Nap time fun.  Will is at the age where yes he still needs a nap most days but he is definitely starting to realize that things happen while he is napping and does not want to miss out.  Today he came out and said "but Mommy I have closed both my eyes and my mouth and I just can't sleep."  Good try buddy, go back and try a bit longer.  Basically he was looking for an excuse not to nap because he knew I was washing the floor. My kids love to help wash the floor, however sometimes it really needs to be done without help.
  • Talking. Madelyn is turning into a talking machine.  She copies everything you say and has recently starting saying "Madelyn", although she still calls herself "baby" most of the time. Some of my favourite words to make her say are "watermelon", "stinky", "squirrel", "seeder", "tractor" and although it is not a word snorting like a pig.
  • Wiggles.  We have not watched The Wiggles in a long time and typically Madelyn is not interested in TV.  Last night both kids had a great time dancing with the Wiggles.  Note to self: a show both kids will be entertained with, save this card for a time when I really just need 15 minutes to get something done. 
  • Butchering.  Once again we are happy to report Will's experience of butchering has reached a new audience.  While at daycare he proceeded to ask our daycare provider if they fed Lucky (the dog) guts. She was a tad confused why they would feed Lucky guts until she heard the whole butchering story, then apparently it was clear. 
  • Cows.  Will is always concerned about Grandpa's cows.  This week he needed to call Grandma (he knew Grandpa was not at home) and the first thing he asked her was "Grandma are making sure none of the baby calves die".  I think he caught Grandma a bit of guard, but she assured him yes she would make sure all the baby calves were ok.
  • Rain. Rain please go away so we can get to the park this week coming up.  More importantly, rain let the farmers finish up seeding!  Every night the kids want to go outside and play, and I have to say this week it has been so cold, wet and damp we did not make it to the park once.
  • Secrets.  Will has not mastered the art of secrets, if you have a secret do not tell Will, it is guaranteed to the be the first thing out of his mouth the next time he sees or talks the that person.
  • Gophers.  The kids and I were driving this morning, waiting at a red light and Will looks out his window and sees a gopher.  He says to me "Hey Mommy, a gopher, I wonder who is going to shoot it? I bet one of my grandpas could." Comments like this may get us phone calls from the principle office in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment