Saturday 12 May 2012

So we ended up in Regina

When we were first married, we thought we were oh soooo very busy, working  and keeping up with our social life in Radisson which consisted of curling in the winter and meeting friends at the local bar in the summer. Yes the bar had air conditioning (cold beer and pizza), and no our house did not, and yes it was a central meeting place. 

Then we moved back into Saskatoon for about a year before acquiring our first house in Warman.  What a great town to live in, we definately loved being in Warman, still close enough to the city to commute easily (a much better commute then Radisson I assure you), had basically all the services we needed and we had great neighbours.  I guess we enjoyed the small town atmosphere.  

Shortly after I began my maternity leave with William I found out my job had been cut.  The end of November 2009 (just before my mat leave was over), I was offered a position in Regina.  Since Chris' job was fairly mobile, we took the plunge and moved here to Regina.  It was a bitter sweet move.  We were thrilled I had a good job and Chris' work was happy to let him keep his position with the relocation.  We were sad to leave everyone in Warman and Saskatoon, but realized it really is only 2.5 hours so we try to head back up that way to visit often  (althought not nearly as often as we would like).  We move closer to the Bettschen farm, further from the Volk farm, so I guess that one was a wash.

Like every thing in life we tried to stay positive with the move.
     Do we still miss Warman/Saskatoon? Yes. 
     Do we ever think of moving back? Yes. 
     Do we like Regina? Yes! This is where our family is and that is what is important.

And so that ladies and gentlemen is how we ended up in Regina.  So if you are ever heading through Regina, don't forget to call us up for a coffee, to meet for lunch and we are always more then happy to have company over.

No comments:

Post a Comment